How to register, add new Gig, and earn money online from Fiverr
Part 2 (Adding New Gig)
First we should now that service in Fiverr is referred to as a Gig. We also should now that the name of the platform is derived from its concept which is dividing jobs into small tasks each task is called a Gig and the Least Gig price is Five US dollars. Obviously that is why the least Gig price is 5$ but it can be doubles as needed.
Creating a new Gig
There is a total of 6 phases to create a New Gig which are Overview, Pricing, Description, Requirements, Gallery, and Publish.
Steps of New Gig creation
Enter the Dashboard page, then you will see the following screen (see picture 1)
Click on the Link highlighted in yellow in the picture 1. (Your user profile is incomplete please ed.. )
Then the next page will show up (see picture 2) click on Create A Gig.
When we click on Create a Gig we will see the following page (see picture 3).
Overview: The First phase of creating a New Gig
Number 1 is the Gig title and this title will appear on your Gig preview with the Gig picture. It is one of only two things appear to Buyers when they search for a Gig and view your gig along with other’s Gigs.
In the corresponding text box, the words I will are constant and you will type your Gig title after it. The maximum length of your gig title is 80 characters. I will start filling in the text boxes bellow adding a Logo design Gig.
In the Gig title I will type “Design an Amazing Logo for your business”. The next Text box in the picture is the category of your Gig. I will choose Graphic and design as the corresponding category for logo design. Once I choose the category another combo box show up for the subcategory. I will choose Logo design from the list. Then the Gig Meta data section is shown as in picture 4.
In this section we should enter the specifications of our new gig according to its category. Gig Metadata differs from one category another. In the Metadata section there is two types of data to set up. First is the Logo style and the second is the file formats I will include in my Gig.
I will leave the style set to the first option which is undefined. And I will proceed to the file format section (see picture 5). In this section I will check on the boxes corresponding to the file formats I can deliver to the buyer.
After that we have to enter the search tags. Search tags are keywords help the buyer finding your gig. The Keywords you enter here will make buyers searching for it to show you gig within their search results. You can enter up to five tags for each Gig and you better use all the five tags. Finally, click on Save & continue button to move to the next phase.
Pricing and Scope: the second phase of creating a new gig
- In this section you can see the phase you are in (see picture 6). The current phase and phases before it are in green where others are in gray.
- Here we can activate/deactivate the 3 package option. We can offer 3 packages for our service each one includes different features and has its own price.
- We set a unique name for each package here.
- A brief description of your service for each package.
- Set here the deadline in days for each package. The best practice is to compare your Gig to other Gigs from the same type. Keep in mind that you have to set a relative short deadline to get your Gig considered by buyers. Keep also in mind that sometimes buyers but orders without even they pm you first. In this case if you have a Gig with a delivery time of one day only, then you better check your dashboard every few hours or install the Fiverr app on your smart phone so that you get notification when you get orders. You can get Fiverr app from here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fiverr.fiverr.
- Now you can set the number of times your buyer can ask for revisions on his work. It is one of the best features of Fiverr. On other platforms some clients keeps asking for revisions so many times and this is frustrating. Some sellers used to set number of revisions to unlimited just to give buyers confidence. It depends on the type of service you provide although we don’t recommend this.
- Is the number of logo designs you are offering for each package.
- Source file option determines whether you want to deliver the source file of your design or not. Many sellers don’t offer their source files in the basic package.
Below is a picture of the same screen after I filled it with data (see picture 7).
In (picture 8) is the second part of the pricing page. We can see that it’s all related to Logo design category. You can set it as you desire until we are not concerned with this category in particular.
We will jump directly to number 8 which is the price. There is some guidelines you should know before you set the prices:
- Basic package should have the least price while the Premium package should have the highest price.
- Check similar Gigs on Fiverr before you set your prices. Remember here you should even provide low prices than others who have sold many orders already. Buyers will definitely consider those who sold many orders if you provide the same price. As a beginner you should offer a lower price or the same price with more features.
My Gig extras
Sometimes buyers need to have their work done in less time than you offer. Other times they need more revisions. That is why Gig extras is a very practical add to the service. It allows you to set the extra features your client can ask for and its prices. In the next figure (see picture 9) I used almost all the extras.
Note you can use none of the extras in your new Gig.
The first Extra is the Extra fast delivery and it exists for all Gig categories. Obviously the deadline you set here must be less than the one in the package.
The second one is the Additional revision extra and it also exists for all Gig categories. And here you set the price for each additional revision.
Other extras depend on the category of your gig. So it is not the same for every Gig. You can set it according to your preferences.
It is notable here that you can add a customized new extra for your Gig. You can use this feature when you want to add an extra that does not exist within the default extras.
Finish this part and Click on Save & Continue.
Description & FAQ: Phase three
If you were familiar with other freelance websites such as Upwork, You should now that the cover letter is very important when you apply to any Job. Here Your Gig description is like the cover letter. It is where your client can read what exactly he should expect from you. You can write up to 1200 character describing your Gig. So write a professional Gig description.
Here, I have just copies another sellers description and customized it (see figure 10).
If you have your customers always asking you the same question every time, you can but it here with your answer. Doing so will save you both the time to pm each other for those questions.
When you are done setting your Gig Description and FAQs press Save & Continue.
Requirements: phase number four
If you need something from the buyer before you start working on the order but it here. Otherwise you can skip this step and continue to the next one. For the logo Gig we might ask the buyer to provide any similar logo he likes.
Fill this part or skip it clicking on Save & Continue.
Gallery: phase five
In this section you can set the Gig primary picture that will be the cover of your Gig. You can upload also another two pictures from your portfolio. You can upload also up to 3 videos and 3 pdf files.
Gig cover picture is the most important aspect of your Gig. When a buyer search for a gig to buy the only thing he see first is the cover picture. People always likes shiny and colorful goods and this is true for Gigs too. So do your best to get a unique picture for your Gig cover. It should be eye catching and expresses your service well.
Fiverr Cover Photo Size :
- You can use only JPEG images for your gig cover.
- The image size shouldn’t be less than 1100×260 px.
- Don’t use stock photos unless you buy them. Don’t use any image you don’t have the right to use it.
- Some sellers use their personal image as a Gig cover picture. That is not professional practice and you better not do this.
- Don’t also download and use a video from YouTube unless you have the permission to do this.
Once you finish adding your images and videos Click on Save & continue
Publish: phase six and the last one
In this part if this is your first Gig on Fiverr you will be asked to verify your phone number before you can proceed (see picture 13). Click on Verify Now then enter your mobile phone number. You will receive a sms with your verification code. Enter the code in the corresponding test box.
After you finish verifying your phone number the following screen will show up (see picture 14). Click on Publish Gig.
Finally Click Done in the last screen (see picture 15).
Now we are done with creating our first Gig.
The Next part of this series I will show you how to promote your Gig and make it reach to thousands of potential buyers.
The following topics should be useful to you too.